Benefits of Flexible Working Hours
January 27, 2012 | Business
Flexi hours for work is a great boon for double income family. When husband and wife go for work, flexible working hours help them strike a balance both in personal and professional life. Employees are more comfortable doing their job and feel proud about their employer.
The need for flexible working hour arrangement may satisfy following situations:
- If the job does not require a full time presence of the employee, on need basis work can be finished.
- The job can be easily completed by others in case of absence of the particular employee.
- Quality of job is measured based on the effort and not the hours spent on it.
- Longer hours of work on a day can compensate the time taken off away from office on other days.
There are many benefits on flexible working hours for both employer and employees.
- Firstly, employers have a more contented employee who shows his loyalty in his job.
- Secondly, employee is proud of the organization he works for and talks positive about it to other people.
- Finally, proper resource utilization is there, employees work overtime when there is need and he takes off when there is no requirement. So employee is utilized to the fullest when in need. Employee too is happy to work this way, so he can also adjust his timings and work according to need of the hour.
In flexible hour contract there are few expectations and concerns that need to be clarified from both employers and employees. The contract has to be written clearly and with consent of employee get it signed. Few of points to be clarified could be:
- The timing of work and the days in the week to take off.
The employee who is going to substitute this employee in his absence.